Thursday, April 16, 2009

SUCH A TIT

Wow, I have been slacking on updating this thing. I apologize, but so much has happened in the past 3 weeks that I am unsure of my abilities to put every detail into words. I'll try my damnedest though.

March 30th:

This show was butt themed, mostly because I was having a crap day and didn't have the mind power to think of something more clever. Whatever, everybody has a butt, so everybody can related, right? All those jams are pretty solid, but I highly recommend that P.O.S. track, and if you are into more alternative shit, that entire Wax Tailor album "Hope & Sorrow" is LEGIT.

April 6th:This show was literally BONKERS. First of all, XXXTina and DJ SuperSillyus were in the building... that in itself is always wonderful. Second of all, The Vader Boys dropped by to promote the Chinatown Throwdown that happened at Harper's Ferry, and they were such a pleasant surprise. Thirdly, the crazy-ass duo known as Physha-P called in with the help of their manager Simon and HOLY SHIT, that was a silly conversation. One of the highlights was the discovery of my jitterbox. Changed my life really. Stay tuned to see if Physha-P and The Throwbacks end up having an Upstate show sometime in the near future.

Thanks to technology (and wizkid Robert Sesek), you can re-hear the magic of the Physha-P interview by clicking HERE.

Also, if you haven't already, definitely check out Louis Logic. He's the kind of dude that makes you smile a little bit to yourself when you listen to it walking down the street.

April 13th:
This show was pretty solid. Chris Faraone, writer for the Boston Phoenix, among other publications, came by and literally dropped an entire truckful of knowledge on us. It was almost too much to handle, but with the help of some "apple juice", we managed to have a pretty kick-ass time. Honestly, take a look at Chris' "Get Sprung" article for the freshest hip-hop in season for spring. He had also requested that Quite Nyce & Raydar Ellis track, and I am glad he did because I had met them a couple days beforehand and they are GREAT individuals, not to mention a tight duo on stage. Watch out for "Champs vs. The League"! Unfortunately, Akrobatik had an emergency to tend to, so he wasn't able to make it. Maybe next time.
_______________________

As I was walking home with my friend Ryan last night from the New Boston Talent show, he was asking me if I have ever heard of so-and-so or this-and-him and so on. Of course, I hadn't. There is SO much music circulating in the atmosphere I cannot possibly know of it all. But, that's where you can help me! Please, do not hesitate to throw new music my way! I love new shit! Send me some RIGHT NOW! ..WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?

More to come,
Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment